Selling a slightly used PlayStation 4 sounds fantastic. You may completely put the money you save from the sale toward a PS5 or something else. But then you recall that once the PS4 gets sold, you’ll have to mail it to the purchaser, which may be a significant hassle. You might be thinking about How Much Does It Cost To Ship A PS4?
If you need to ship the console to the US or anyplace else. Knowing how to package it properly is essential, so we’re giving our top shipping recommendations for PS4 and Xbox consoles. Let’s get this party started.
Why Is There a Need To Ship Your Ps4?
Packages can be subjected to a great deal of abuse while being transported from one location to another. Boxes may take a battering whether carried between many trucks but along conveyor belts, tossed into bins, or who cares what else.
That’s why properly wrapping your console is among the most excellent methods to maximize the odds of it arriving undamaged. To send a PlayStation 4, you need a few components, which are pretty easy to come by. You’ll need to track down the following three items:
- Box for shipping
- Materials for packing
- Tape for packing
A PS4 isn’t tiny; you’re looking at a massive package when you add extras like the power cable and controllers. Since the console is hefty, you’ll want to ensure the box is strong enough to contain everything.
You may easily purchase these supplies to make your shipping expenses as low as possible. You should look around your house or workplace to see if you have a mailing box or packing materials from a previous delivery.
Dimensions And Weights Of A Ps4
The retail box for the PS4 varies in size depending on the model you have: PS4, PS4 Slim, or PS4 Pro. However, regardless of the type, a 22″ x 18″ x 8″ box is excellent since it fits the box’s dimensions while enabling you to apply bubble wrap for further protection.
|PlayStation 4||2.09” (H) x 10.8” (W) x 12” (D)||6.2 pounds|
|PlayStation 4 slim||1.5” (H) x 10.4” (W) x 11.3” (D)||4.6 pounds|
|PlayStation 4 Pro||2.17” (H) x 11.6” (W) x 12.9” (D)||7.3 pounds|
A similar-sized box will suffice if you don’t have a genuine retail box. While a 22″x 18″x 8″ box may appear enormous, it allows you to fit your console and any associated peripherals, including a controller and power cord. Ideally, the things should be packed with no vacant space, but not so tightly that they get squeezed in.
Read Halo Infinite PC system requirements by clicking here.
How To Pack A Ps4 To Ship? – Console And Equipment
Make sure that PS4 and any other gaming system get correctly packed before exporting it internationally. The most straightforward approach to ensuring safe transit of your game console and accessories is to pack them before shipping carefully.
- Disconnect the console’s power supply as well as all gaming attachments.
- Wrap the PS4 system in bubble wrap and place it in the original box with the wires and controllers.
- Cover the original box with cardboard and fill any gaps with padding materials.
- Packing tape gets used to close and seal the box.
How To Pack Accessories Of A PS4 To Ship?
Follow the instructions below when shipping gaming equipment in Europe or throughout the world, such as controllers, keyboards, mice, virtual reality glasses, headsets, or indeed a gaming chair with speakers:
- All pieces of the gaming headphones should be disassembled and packed individually.
- Place the gaming equipment’s smaller components in plastic bags and mark them.
- Fill a box with padding materials and cover each bag, component, or gaming accessory with bubble wrap.
- After checking that the box’s contents are immovable, close and seal it.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A PS4?
Although the answer to How Much Does It Cost To Ship A PS4 is not too expensive. As shipping materials are pretty affordable, owing to the weight and size of the PlayStation 4, overall shipping expenses can be substantial. So you’ll want to factor that into your decision before listing your PS4 for sale.
Shipping prices get determined by several factors, including the package’s size and weight, the route the item must travel, and the carriers and mode of delivery. The following are examples for USPS, FedEx, and UPS, but you should verify each of them for your specific shipping needs.
Additional Tips When Shipping A Ps4
Here are some extra suggestions to help your console arrive safely at its destination.
- TIP 1: Shake the box to see whether it’s okay. It’s a smart option to shut the flaps and shake the container gently before sealing it to make sure everything is secure and won’t move around. If there is a lot of movement in the box, consider adding more cushioning to hold everything in place. your console, removing it and filling it is a good idea
- TIP 2: Make sure the corners are padded. Suppose a gaming console gets not packed correctly. In that case, the edges, especially those with sharper corners, are more prone to damage during transportation. If the box is dumped on the corner, using extra crushed-up paper around the edges can help protect them from damage.
- TIP 3: Add extra cushioning to the bottom of the chair. If you have a lot of space at the top of the box following your console, removing it and filling it with wrapping on the bottom is a good idea. The more centered the console is inside the box, the better it will be while it is moved around or even dropped while also being sent.
Hopefully, this article has shown you how to package your console for shipment carefully and How Much Does It Cost To Ship A PS4. While there’s no way to ensure that the console won’t be destroyed during delivery, properly wrapping it is a great way to maintain it safe. So, keep the mentioned tips in mind and have a PS4 shipped for you today